Jambands.ca

Bruce Campbell ( Evil Dead, Bubba Ho-Tep ) in Toronto This Monday

Jaimoe

My favourite " actor " and cult movie hero Bruce Campbell will be reading from and signing copies of his new novel, Make Love! The Bruce Campbell Way, at the Indigo bookstore at Bay & Bloor http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/storefinder/default.asp?Section=home&Lang=en&zxac=1&country=Canada&province=Ontario&city=Toronto&store=280 this Monday, July 25th, starting at 6:00PM. I can't wait! I'm bringing my Bubba Ho-Tep theatrical poster for Bruce to sign, along with the book.

I'm currently reading this novel and it is hilarious... and strange. The story is semi-autobiographical, but essentially a fictional account of Bruce acting in a Mike Nicholls film called Make Love.

A great summer read and a must for Bruce fans:

make-love.jpg

Hey FairySari,

I will try to drop by for a visit, and I think there will be tons of people there ( I was at his last book signing and reading two years ago for If Chins Could Talk ). I'm going to bring the poster just in case. I'm planning on getting there at 4:30ish.

Oh yeah one other thing - if you already have the book (ie not buying it at Indigo that day) see if you can find the receipt and stick it in the book or bring it with you. If you don't have the receipt, ask someone on your way in if you need a proof of purchase or anything. The store has been cracking down on shoplifting lately (I think I saw two people get arrested yesterday within like 4 hours), but if you have worn obviously well read copy, you don't really have to worry.

Ok, so apparently my store got an email from Bruce Campbell, and you HAVE to buy the book here, or have a Chapters or Indigo receipt for it. His rules, not ours. Maybe you could buy his older book and get it signed... oh, and to get a piece of memoribilia other than the book signed, you have to have one book for each piece of memoribilia. See you later~!

Just an update: the line-up has started (maybe 30 people so far), and we haven't even finished clearing out the area where the event will be yet. Let the madness begin!

(oh, and I'm stuck about ten feet away from all this madness, you'll have no problem finding me in the music section...)

It was a " groovy " night. There must have been over 1000 geeks at Indigo. Bruce was funny as usual, yet accomodating - he signed one store-bought novel and one item of your choosing: I had him sign a theatrical Bubba Ho-Tep poster: He signed it " Elvis ". Bruce seemed curious about where I got the poster. I've met him before, which was easily more intimate than tonight ( at U of T ), but he still delivered.

I enjoyed meeting Sari for the first time too. She worked the tunes and even put on some TSOOL and Beatles. Made sense. Great time.

The only interaction i really had with him was at the end of the night, when the last staff were leaving (he stayed til the very end of the night) i was wearing giant oversized novelty glasses as he walked into the staff room, snd he told me he liked my glasses. Then he asked where the bathroom was.