Jambands.ca

The day that Bob Dylan changed music forever 7/25/1965

TimmyB

With those first notes of Bob Dylan's "Maggie's Farm" music was changed forever. Thanks Bob!

From www.billboard.com

THIS DAY IN MUSIC For Monday July 25, 2005

1965 - Bob Dylan performs his first non-acoustic set at the Newport Folk Festival to a hostile crowd.

I used to have this Newport performance on vinyl bootleg. It was absolutely crackling with energy, especially Bloomfield's guitar playing. Awesome.

Little Steven devoted his program to the 40-year anniversary of "Like A Rolling Stone" last night. What fun!

I used to have this Newport performance on vinyl bootleg. It was absolutely crackling with energy, especially Bloomfield's guitar playing. Awesome.

Little Steven devoted his program to the 40-year anniversary of "Like A Rolling Stone" last night. What fun!

Damn, I wished I listened to that Underground Garage episode! Little Steven Van Zandt rocks with the E Street Band, on the Sopranos and as a DJ.

I just saw Dylan last night in Calgary. He opened with Maggie's Farm. Good stuff.

Nice.

Bob Dylan Sunday shows have generally been the best shows of the year, setlist wise. And the Calgary show you attended yesterday looks like no exception.

Calgary, Alberta

Pengrowth Saddledome

July 24, 2005

Maggie's Farm

Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You

I'll Be Your Baby Tonight

Lay, Lady, Lay

God Knows

Shooting Star

Lonesome Day Blues

Positively 4th Street

Watching The River Flow

Can't Wait

Highway 61 Revisited

Tryin' To Get To Heaven

A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall

Summer Days

encore

Don't Think Twice, It's All Right

All Along The Watchtower

I believe Y108 runs it on Monday nights. At least they did at one time.

I looked at Y108 and Little Steven's official website and it doesn't look like Y108 plays the program anymore.

I'm going to try and listen to it on Steven's official site or via the web in Ottawa tonight

Chez plays it from 9PM-11PM on Mondays.

damn. should of went to see bobby. oscar lopez was pretty sweet though and mary gauthier was a nice surprise. wasn't that impressed with shelby lynn but she did close with a stones tune with steve earl and her sister allison moorer which got the crowd rockin.

it was good to meet you this weekend shainhouse. lookin forward to the review of the folk fest. my highlights included.

weakerthans, k'naan, steve earle, bill frisell, del and the absolute craziest set of the weekend from arrested development. awesome energy and funk grooves.

Edited by Guest