Jambands.ca

WP/Harris/Guthrie/Mayer added to Farm Aid

TimmyB

More New Artists Added!

Great News! Two days before tickets go on sale, we are happy to announce that four additional top acts will perform at our 20th anniversary concert. New to the line-up of Farm Aid 2005 Presented by Silk Soymilk are the ever-famous touring band Widespread Panic, queen of all musical genres Emmylou Harris, folk legend Arlo Guthrie, and acoustic rock artist John Mayer.

Click here for more>>

Tickets On Sale at Ticketmaster Saturday

Tickets will go on sale to the general public on July 30 at 10 a.m. CDT and are available at all Ticketmaster outlets, the Tweeter Center box office, charge by phone in Chicago at (312) 559-1212, or online at http://www.ticketmaster.com/. Ticket prices for Farm Aid 2005 Presented by Silk Soymilk begin at $30 for lawn seats, $65 for pavilion seats and $85 for corn belt seats.

I'm so happy about these additions.

In Farm Aid '98 I saw Phish at the Tweeter Center in Tinley Park, Il, now in their place you get Widespread Panic. Now I'm a bigger Phish phan, but Panic are still a good addition.

I've seen Emmylou Harris at a previous Farm Aid where she performed a mini set with her sometime producer/lover Daniel Lanois, I'm hoping this time she sings with Neil Young or at very least Willie Nelson.

I've seen Arlo Guthrie at two Farm Aids and it would be amazing to see Arlo play a song by his father (Woody) with Wilco!

I don't have much of an opinion on John Mayer, but if it is his trio with Pino Palladino on bass and Steve Jordan on drums then it should be interesting.

Now where's Bob Dylan?

Here is the updated lineup:

Willie Nelson

Neil Young

John Mellencamp

Dave Matthews

Buddy Guy

Emmylou Harris

Arlo Guthrie

Wilco

Widespread Panic

John Mayer