Jambands.ca

Doug Feaver tonight..

DevO

Well I might as well follow up on this before I pass out for a while.. We went to the West Town last night to catch the Feaver! Not a great music venue. MarcO was there with an entourage, rocking out as per usual. Doug played a spirited show as usual, man I don't know how he does it year after year. He just kept goin and goin. Broke 2 strings last night. He took my request for "Little Sadie" and told me the story of how Bob Dylan wrote it and basically it was a rip-off of Cocaine Blues. It took him a minute or two to figure it out and he briefly took appreciation of the structure of the song (chords and timing) by lifting his brow and going "well thats one way to do it). haha. He played Downey's request, Me & My Uncle. Lazzy I couldn't remember the name of the tune! Thought about it though. Anyhoo he played until about 2:20am, only about 6 of us left to watch him, haha. He wouldn't kept going too but the bartender asked him to wrap it up. Glad I went!

Other notes:

- That guy has a story for EVERYTHING. Great storyteller eh.

- He wouldn't play Oh Darling.

- He sorta played Don't Do It but only briefly

- He has a huge stack of random papers with lyrics on them, and he went through the whole thing looking for the lyrics to a particular request.. made a huge mess throwing the papers to the floor while talking, it was hilarious. He never even found what he was lookign for, but I don't think he noticed, haha.

This is probably more than anyone ever needed to know about this night of the Feaver.