Jambands.ca

A Dead a la Wake & Bake...

jon.

So we take Weir subtract vocals' date=' subtract guitar talent and we're left with his looks. Praising a handsome male singer who can't sing or play music works well for American Idol, Creed and near all contemporary pop music. And I hate that. And so do you.

Ergo....

Bobby Sucks.[/quote']

Where does his songwriting fit into that equation?

Good point. So we then have a good-looking songwriter. I wouldn't disagree with that and could strike "poor musicianship" from the record since strictly speaking he WROTE some good dead songs and that includes the music.

Had he been a behind-the-scenes robert hunter figure instead of the most replaceable guy in the soundboard other than Mickey I would pipe down. As it stands I hear the odd bobby tune and find myself reacting the way I do when I hear David Wilcox - that sort of "is my dad singing" feeling followed by intense fits of laughter and vomiting

all I can say is that the beautiful, fragile organism called The Grateful Dead wouldn't have been at all the same without Bobby's considerable contributions. I wouldn't change a damn thing in their line up histories or performances. Any founding member of the Grateful Dead has my utmost respect and sincere gratitude.