Jambands.ca

"Don't eat more than three if you don't want to completely lose control"

StoneMtn

FESTIVAL NOTEBOOK

Pot brownies, lamb chops and Oscar talk

By ALEXANDRA GILL

Monday, September 12, 2005

But I still maintain that the best party of the weekend was the smoky Friday night fete to celebrate a/k/a Tommy Chong, the Josh Gilbert documentary about the iconic comedian and marijuana activist who spent nine months in jail for trafficking bongs. In true stoner fashion, the Toronto Hemp Company baked 200 pot brownies for the occasion.

"Don't eat more than three if you don't want to completely lose control," Ingrid Hamilton, the film's publicist warned, as the creamy chocolate desserts were passed around the back room at Stones Place on Queen Street West, where Mr. Chong and his wife, Shelby, held court.

Pot brownies as party favours apparently pass Canada's drug laws, says Dominic Cramer, owner of the Toronto retail store and marijuana resource centre that provided the finger food. It was legal, he explained, so long as no one could break one open and pull a leaf out. From what I could tell, the ingredients were very finely ground. I was only checking for professional reasons, of course.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20050912/TIFFNEWSTOR12/TPEntertainment/Film