Jambands.ca

Roy Ayers in Toronto Sept. 22! Acid Jazz King

The Chameleon

Hey Y'all [color:red]ROY AYERS the man basically responisble for inventing Acid Jazz in the late 60's and early 70's, is coming to the T-Dot as poart of a new series called Jazz by Genre.

Don't miss this..I saw him last time and it was so funky I had to take a shower after the show.

showEmail.gif

www.jazzbygenre.com

Edited by Guest

I saw him play a big "party" in the middle of nowhere outside Princeton, BC about three years ago.

He was pretty good.

It wasn't really my scene (the people or the music) but he'd be worth checking out at the right venue.

As a sidenote, the party became a crazy fiasco over the night. We thought things were going great when the Mayor of Princeton came to party with us. Unfortunately, we didn't know that several hundred locals weren't as enthusiastic as the Mayor about the party, so they set up a road block nearby! Things got ugly.

I caught Roy at what was the JVC Jazz or Urban Jazz or whatever festival years back. Jukejoint opened if I'm not mistaken. He had those big welding goggles on and he played "Ain't no sunshine" which I always attributed to him rather than who is it Fred Beckwith?

"Ain't No Sunshine" was originally recorded by the great Bill Withers but has been versioned by tonnes of artists.