Jambands.ca

Jays-Yanks 09/17/05

Hal Johnson

Go to a Jays-Yanks game, in Toronto, when the YAnks are in a pennant race - you'll have a blast.

Get really drunk and talk baseball with all the Yankee fans. If your like me, you'll appreciate their knowledge of the game and leave with a smile on your face, no matter the outcome. (Unless of course the Jays are in said pennant race.)

(Dont make the mistake of thinking it would be a good idea to start a Yankees Suck chant - the lot of them are huge fellas, who are probably just as drunk as you and not nearly as understanding).

That being said, I urge you, as a sports fan, to do this if you havent already.

When the ball game ends walk across the street to the Beer Store west of Jarvis and pick up whatever ails ya. Proceed to walk and drink your way to the amphitheatre for whatever concert happens to fall on the same day.

On this particular day, its JAck Johnson. Shop around for face-value tickets in a sea of obsessed booty willing to shell out 1, 2 hundred bucks for the same seats. Find someone who hooks you up.

Go inside and drink more ridiculously over-priced alcohol, lose your buddy, and meet someone who hands you a card and says, call me Ill hook you up. PLAce card in pocket and wait untill morning to read it.

Continue drinking your face off and fraternizing with the riff-raff untill concert ends and you go home.

Wake up and realise the card in your pocket was from a guy that works with the JAys who only wants to hook a brother up with some great seats to your fav team. Smile. You just had a great day at the park.