Jambands.ca

Latendresse Back to Junior...

badams

Guillaume Latendresse is heading back to junior after the Montreal Canadiens assigned the promising forward to the QMJHL's Drummondville Voltigeurs on Sunday.

The six-foot-two 18-year-old has been impressive at training camp, recording three goals and two assists in four pre-season games.

A second-round selection in the 2005 NHL draft, Latendresse collected 29 goals and 49 assists in 65 games with the Voltigeurs in 2004-05.

Latendresse, who had become a fan favourite in Montreal for his tenacious physical play, has a shot at playing for Canada at the world junior championships later this year.

The move leaves 25 players at training camp.

Guest Low Roller

I think it's a good move on the part of the Habs. He's really young, and he could use another year or so in the juniors to really sharpen his skills.

I'm certain there will be some ANGRY french-canadians that will be calling for Gainey's head, as Latendresse was like the second coming of Guy Lafleur to the more jaded fans.

I think it's a good move on the part of the Habs. He's really young, and he could use another year or so in the juniors to really sharpen his skills.

I'm certain there will be some ANGRY french-canadians that will be calling for Gainey's head, as Latendresse was like the second coming of Guy Lafleur to the more jaded fans.

I agree it's a good move. The future is looking brite for the Habs.