Jambands.ca

Confessions of my 'Misc mp3' folder

TheGoodRev

Sitting here wondering what to listen to during pre-bed computer time, I decided to delve through my Misc mp3 folder and find a bunch of tunes that I'm either embarassed I have or haven't heard in a long time to play for kookycanooky to yank his chain a bit. He's across the house and has already turned up his own music so as to ignore my ridiculousness, so I thought I'd share with the sanctuary. These are some tunes that are on my computer and I must have downloaded at some point, perhaps in the Napster or Kazaa days (which admittedly were still pretty recent), because there was something about the tune that I liked and wanted to hear over and over again. In many cases, the list is not pretty. Here's a sampling:

Annie Lennox - Stand By Your Man

Brad Paisley - Whiskey Lullaby

Buckcherry - Cocaine

Chic - Good Times

Commodores - Brick House

Crash Test Dummies - Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

Dead Eye Dick - New Age Girl

Dixie Chicks - Goodbye Earl

Dusty Springfield - Spooky

Eels - Novocaine for the Soul

Elvis Presley - You Were Always on My Mind

Inner Circle - Bad Boys

Jefferson Starship - We Built This City

Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine

Live - The Dolphins Cry

Martina McBride - This One's For the Girls

No Doubt - Hey Baby

Pat Boone - Ain't That a Shame

Rockapella - Gangsta's Paradise

Simple Plan - I'd Do Anything

Vince Gill & Dolly Parton - I Will Always Love You (live)

....rrrrright. A good amount of New Country, that's somewhat unsettling. Anybody else have a good deal of unexplained and/or embarrassing music on their computers or in their possession?

Yeah, I'm not embarrassed of that one at all, it's just sort of a random one-off that's in my misc folder. I think I actually have a whole other folder of just Eels. This is another band/project (it's reduced mainly to one guy now, right?) from which I've heard tunes from all different albums and eras but have yet to delve fully into their catalogue. Soon enough...

Rockapella - Gangsta's Paradise

isn't that the acapella group from where in the world is carmen sandiego?

carmensandiego.jpg

That would be absolutely correct. Why is their hokey version of Gangsta's Paradise (a tune that could be considered hokey in its original form' date=' anyway) in my Misc mp3 folder? Your guess is as good as mine.

[img']http://www.blacktalentnews.com/artman/uploads/lynnethigpen.jpg

DO IT ROCKAPELLA!

bash.gif