Jambands.ca

Red Zeppelin :: Rancho Relaxo :: Toronto :: This Saturday Feb 4

TheGoodRev

So the bad news is that I'm playing with a Zeppelin tribute these days. But that's the end of the bad news.

The good news is we're fronted by one Joan Smith, a looker of a young lady with a voice that'll knock you off your feet. When she opened her mouth at our first rehearsal, I momentarily forget how to play the guitar.

Our drummer is John Bonham reincarnate. The bass player, other guitar player and I are veterans of the Queen's Players show I played in Novemeber, so we take no prisoners, obviously. We're called Red Zeppelin, and we amount to a quartet of relatively seasoned young musicians playing Zep the way it was meant to be played: with vigour, energy and balls. Top that off with Joan melting your face with her insane vocal stylings, and you're in for an entertaining evening.

This Saturday Feb 4 at Rancho Relaxo is our first gig. The headliners are my friends Vercity, a fantastic prog/grunge trio who are releasing a new disc. We're actually on last, though, around 11 or 11:30. We're set to play 45 minutes, but have a big Zep repetoire already, so we'll keep going if the crowd is there. If you're in Toronto and are looking for some entertainment you don't have to think too much about, drop on by. We've got another Toronto date in the works where we will headline, and we're looking into a Hamilton gig as well. Show details:

Red Zeppelin

w/ Tempid, Vercity

Saturday Feb 4 2006

Rancho Relaxo (upstairs)

300 College Street (North side, West of Spadina, next to Massimo's Pizza)

416-920-0366

RZ on at 11:30pm

$5 at door