Jambands.ca

Ramble Dove

mattm

Yeah but it's way more fun to pretend they're phish. According to phish.com:

Mike and a handful of Vermont's finest twangers will take the cozy confines of Honky Tonk Tuesdays to the big stage at 2006 Bonnaroo, where they will pay tribute to giants like Hank Williams, Lefty Frizell, and George Jones, as well as modern greats like Jim Lauderdale and Gram Parsons. Have beers at the ready for twang and tears.

It'd be nice to know more though. Why doesn't any site I go to list off some of VT's finest twangers?

As Carl Perkins once sang, "let's give ol' Tennessee credit for music." From the whiskey-soaked wee hours of Burlington, Vermont's Radio Bean Cafe flies Ramble Dove. What began as a weekly hang paying homage to honky-tonk music, capturing the essence of dancing, drinking and losing the one you love, now makes its way to the backyard of Nashville, country music's capital city.

That's from mike's site but still no names. The poor guys must not be important enough to name off (or they haven't decided who's going perhaps) but I'm still going to pretend it's phish.

Not sure, to tell the truth I volunteered to help bouche with the articles (he posted a thread asking for it) and the article I'm working on is for Bonnaroo. While trying to find links to info for the bands I was able to come up with a link for everything but Ramble Dove.

I'll confess, I don't really think it's Phish, I'm just really bored and decided to throw a little conspiracy into the mix. If anyone can help, that'd be nice.

thanks,

mattm