Jambands.ca

'Bollocks!' Pistols won't show for RnR Hall of Fame Induction

StoneMtn

Never mind the bollocks...

For years, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame didn't deem the Sex Pistols worthy of inclusion into its little club of noisemakers.

Now that the Sex Pistols have gained entry, they've decided the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame isn't worthy of their presence at the induction ceremonies March 13 in New York.

In a crude letter posted Friday on thefilthandthefury.co.uk, the Sex Pistols made it clear that they would not be attending.

Comparing the rock hall to "urine in wine," the handwritten letter said: "Were [sic] not coming. Were [sic] not your monkeys and so what? "Fame at $25,000 if we paid for a table, or $15,000 to squeak up in the gallery, goes to a nonprofit organization selling us a load of old famous," the letter read, apparently referring to the cost of attending the dinner, although a representative for the hall said each inductee gets two free tickets, and other tickets are $2,500.

When informed of the group's statement,Susan Evans, the executive director of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation, said: "They are being the outrageous punksters they are, and that's rock and roll."

Glen Matlock, the group's original bassist, told Newsday, "I thought the whole thing was kind of cool at first. But I wanted to take my kids. And when I found out they charged two-and-a-half thousand dollars for an extra ticket, the whole thing went right down in my estimation."

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/13971430.htm

punk.gif