Jambands.ca

Ottawa acoustic musicians: charitable opportunity

bradm

There was an ad on The Ottawa Musician 'Band' Listings today, that reads

Hi, I am looking for musicians to entertain people walking along the route of the MS Society's Super Cities WALK being held on Sunday, April 30. There are two routes at each of three locations (Ottawa, Kanata, and Orleans) and I hope to place performers on each and at the start and end point of each of the three locations. Given the nature of our event, we cannot accept musicians that require amplification. At the start and end points, there will be a speaker but that about it by way of technology. We are definitely looking for people who can entertain "accousticly". Unfortunately, we cannot offer you paid remuneration but you do get a snazzy free t-shirt, free breakfast and lunch, and we can put a link to your web site or e-mail address up on our web-site in our "special thanks" section. In other words, this is a great opportunity to do some volunteering and get publicity! Please check out our web site at

http://www.mssociety.ca/chapters/ottawa/

If you're interested, contact me at

"tmoneit@mccarthy.ca"

(This event is the day after the Harvard Mouse + Inglewood Jack show at Mavericks, but I know there are some Ottawa Skanks who might be up for some charitable busking.)

Aloha,

Brad