Jambands.ca

Xaviorgasmic Show In Guelph Last Night

StellaBlue

Just wanted to share an amazing musical experience with you guys:

Ok I'll admit that when I arrived and saw that Xavier Rudd was playing in a lecture hall on UofGuelph campus I was dissapointed.

So I made my way down to the front and sat cross-legged on the floor like I usually do in school or in church, only to have this random dude completely FREAK OUT on me... Buzz Kill #2.

So Afro Poppa grabs me and suggests we dance in the aisles.

"Indeed", I say and as the first low rumble of didjeridu music fills the lecture hall. The music starts to move us and we end up forgetting anyone else is even there. We dance and share in the groove... I've thought about it and the only way I can describle the feeling of seeing Xavier live is like sharing a secret with a good friend. I've seen him at much larger venues before but even then he creates such an intimacy with his music that it feels as though a good friend is leaning over and whispering an amazing secret into your ear. Nothing else really exists around you anymore just you, your good friend and the amazing secret.

Twenty minutes into the show people were still in their seats :crazy: ! However, by the end everyone had made it to the front of the place and it was as though we were all sharing the secret, sharing in the moment together.

The best moment: When I found myself with both my arms wrapped around the shoulders of the strangers next to me swaying to "No Woman No Cry", ( I think I did though... well just a tear or two)