Jambands.ca

Squarepusher Canadian dates

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

Sun 07/20/03 Montreal, QC S.A.T.

Tue 07/22/03 Toronto, ON Phoenix Concert Theatre

Type of Music: Drum'n'Bass / Electronica / Acid Jazz

A trained bass guitar player and drummer, his style of extremely fast, cut-up beats mixed with jazz and interlaced with strange samples has gained him a cult following. He is friends with Aphex Twin and his albums have been critically acclaimed for their forward-thinking approach. The music of Squarepusher is extremely difficult to comprehend on the first listen, as his work is so different to the work of most 'normal' musicians.

I found an audio download here. Not the best example, but it's all I could find for free download. If you're in the Mtl or T-dot area I would highly recommend seeing this UK DJ.

Suare pusher is the most intense bass-player ever. This could be really good. I can never believwe how fast he can go, and for how long. I've never seen him though. I was introduced by a friend o the music and he told me the guy did it all live and I was like "omigod"!

Guest Low Roller

TG-

Absolutely. I bet we can compile some killer mixes which would shatter a lot of the hippies here.

Tonyrage-

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to go to the Squarepusher show and try to tape it. This webpage will self-destruct in due time.

Archived