Jambands.ca

Ratdog setlist from GOTV

afro poppa

08/19/06 (Sat) Indian Lookout Country Club - Mariaville, NY

Set 1: Jam > Jack Straw, Little Red Rooster, Birdsong, Odessa, Friend Of The Devil, Victim or the Crime, Mamma Said, Mississippi Halfstep, Rio Grande, Other One, Standing on the Moon Birdsong, One More Saturday Night (reprise), E. U.S. Blues, Ripple

this was a great show (from what I can remember) In particular the Halfstep and Standing on the moon. I am pretty sure Donna sat in for a few tunes and I know Bobby sat in with Hot Tuna for a tune or two.

Agreed, AP. I have to say that I far preferred this Ratdog to any prior lineup - way less cockrocky and a lot more nuanced. The Victim or the Crime rivalled anything I saw with the GD (it made me think of that twist on Zeno's Paradox - could Jerry come up with a solo that even he couldn't play? which was often what I remember from shows), and it was nice to see almost just the textures alone carry the tune, with a lot more subtlety in the tone. I also got a kick out of seeing them pick up the second verse of The Other One, where the Rhythm Devils had left off.

Of course, I could just be getting old and all, but then I also thought even Donna was sounding great. Yes, Donna sounding great - never thought I'd find myself thinking that ;).