Jambands.ca

Methodology and Dave Borins - Friday Aug. 25th @ The Cameron House

Boochawan

Just wanted to let people here know about an interesting show with a unique lineup happening this friday, August 25th at The Cameron House in Toronto.

methodology_c_house_web.jpg

Methodology

http://www.myspace.com/methodologymusic

777046422_l.jpg

METHODOLOGY.... Five Kats that like nothing more than to belt out some thick grooves, solid funk, and sonic soul like it was an out-of-body experience. Other band traits include; enticing people to dance, rockin a live stage, smack-talking each other to score wins on a peer-judged point system for annual prizes, enjoying cold beverages, and debating the current state of the music industry. Oh yeah, they spend way too much time (and money) in late-night record stores. Formed in late 2003, Methodology came together as five individual artists looking to combine their efforts in order to create and perform some intense, original music based on a main element of serious groove.... that is what now takes up most of their time. They love meeting new TRUE FUNK SOLDIERS, so y'all make sure you introduce

Dave Borins

349538643_l.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/daveborins

"Music is the medium through which I process the world. I search for words and sounds that affect everything in their path. I am a 23 year old wandering songsmith, born in Canada, but raised in the universe."

Dave Borins has arrived on the Canadian Music scene with strong convictions, a huge repertoire and plenty of soul.

Wise beyond his years, Dave has traversed the globe with family, friends and lovers as he searches for universal truth, beauty and meaning. He is a graduate of McGill University with a degree in Political Science and English Literature. This unique mix of academics and experience ensures a deep well of musical and poetic ideas.

The song "You Dont' Really Love Me" was recently selected for the soundtrack of PBS' Roadtrip Nation, and will be broadcasted in primetime across the USA and released on DVD.

Dave plays with one ear in the sky, and one in the dirt. Nothing is sacred, but all things are respected. Old fashioned, roots based chords and themes are fused with modern ideas, characters and situations. His music is catchy and familiar, yet somehow otherworldly. He mixes the sweet with the bold, the old with the new, and his live show will kick ya in the ass.

We're hosting the night, so we'll be doing a short acoustic set to start things off.