Jambands.ca

I think this might be good (Dylan content)

Hartamophone

I've only been paying attention to Dylan setlists for a couple of years, but it looks to me like he's playing some bust-outs on this recent tour leg. I could be wrong, but there are at least a couple of tunes on Tuesday night's setlist that I can't remember seeing for quite a while (and no, I'm not talking about the same two songs that he encores pretty much every night).

Bob Dylan

Memorial Stadium , Fort Wayne , IN

Set I: Cat's In The Well, You Ain't Goin' Nowhere, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, Girl of the North Country, Watching the River Flow, Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again, Masters of War, Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat, Tangled Up In Blue, Highway 61 Revisited, My Back Pages, Summer Days

Enc: Like A Rolling Stone, All Along the Watchtower

I dunno, looks pretty standard to me, personally (still great set), which songs are you talking about specifically?

Heres a list of every song he's played this year (2006).

http://my.execpc.com/~billp61/song2006.html

ps. I want a 'Hazel' or 'Wanted Man' on the ON leg, high hopes I guess.

[edit to add]

My reply is in no way a judgement, I love Dylan (as most people here know) just, his sets vary, very slightly I've found. Its why I only download the first few of each tour usually & only now-a-days.

Edited by Guest

Maybe I just haven't been looking closely (or frequently) enough, but I thought that "Tangled up in Blue" and "My Back Pages" were both tunes that weren't played much these days. Looks like I was wrong, though - I guess that's what happens when you drift in and out of cyberspace!

Also, Alabama Man, I was pretty sure that you'd be the first to respond!

I'm looking forward to catching the Vancouver show, myself. I picked up "Modern Times" a couple of days ago but haven't cracked it yet - I'm waiting until the weekend when I can sit down and pay attention to the whole thing, uninterrupted.

How do you think it stacks up to "Time out of Mind" and/or "Love and Theft"?