Jambands.ca

OCT.13 GOD MADE ME FUNKY CD RELEASE TORONTO

Jay Funk Dawg

GMMFCDReleasePoster.jpg

emerge in association with nufunk.ca present...

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 13th, 2006

GOD MADE ME FUNKY CD RELEASE PARTY

God Made Me Funky, a Nu Funk ensemble formed in 1996 as a fusion experiment has grown in the past decade. The group now includes vocals and has become firmly established as one of the best with discerning audiences around Canada. This collective of remarkably diverse and very talented musicians has completed its sophomore recording, We Can All Be Free. The first single, Won More Time (featuring Thrust) has recently been serviced, nationally, to radio and is gaining momentum. We Can All Be Free melds music styles with catchy rhythms, great production and intelligent lyrics!

The official CD launch tour begins on Friday, September 8 at Montreal’s Jello Bar then GMMF moves to the east coast for seven gigs before returning to home base Ontario. This tour culminates in an Opera House bash in Toronto on Friday, October 13. This evening will undoubtedly be one for the ages – the band doesn’t shortchange their audience and plans a two-hour concert with no intermission!!

This group has shared the stage with an impressive list of artists including Julie McKnight, Divine Brown and Herbie Koffman. The group has performed at Winnipeg’s Cool Jazz Festival, The Beaches Jazz Festival, Canadian Music Week and COCA and last year won the Best R&B Band award at the inaugural Toronto Independent Music Awards. Now God Made Me Funky is poised to make a major musical statement with the release of the sophomore recording, We Can All Be Free. The stellar production is from Nigel Williams (The Pocket Dwellers), SEOK and Hot Heet Productions. Featured guests include the afore-mentioned Thrust and N.I. Gel, also Michie Mee and Maestro.

God Made Me Funky at The Opera House, 725 Queen Street East, on Friday, October 13. Tickets $12.50 in advance (available at The Opera House and at www.ticketmaster.ca), or $15 at the door night of show. The first 300 people to show up will also receive a free copy of the new CD! Doors open at 9PM, music at 10PM.

Get out your dancing shoes – bet you can’t sit still!

www.godmademefunky.com

• 2 weeks later...