Jambands.ca

Homewood Rehab dirt

zero

So this is pretty funny in a random interest sort of way. I heard word this morning that a guy who was taken to Homewood (in this case Trillium 1 the lock down unit) and handled pretty dodgy brought some sort of suit against the Chief of Staff and that he had been successful. I don't know if it was a civil litigation or a case with the College of Physicians and Surgeons or what. It did sound as if he wasn't practising and that a nurse had been brought into it and wasn't either.

Now I just talked to the head of communications and media at Homewood and wanted to get the sense of what went down if anything. The nature of the facility as a lock down psychiatric wing, treatment centre etc. makes pursuing a story sort of tricky. People passing through there are often in all manner of psychic distress and their perceptions are coloured by that- myself included. That said Homewood is a very big fucking company, considered one of the premier treatment centres in North America- I believe it is a private company or has a limited number of shares - something about the ownership lends itself to secrecy. I would suspect they have massive resources financially- even just the bucolic plot of land they're on must be worth a fucking mint.

I can definitely say the media guy was a little shaken up by my inquiry and it's funny how these guys sort of try and intimidate you even if unconsciously. I'm telling you guys getting in people like this' faces is tough to do even for a blowhard like me, I can see what Michael Moore means about not feeling comfortable with his role but feeling he has to.

Spoke to the guy again and it sounds like I got a skewed sense of the thing. Weird though he'd read my last mental health piece and was familiar with me and sort of added that at the end of the conversation.

I am telling you the best publicist/ communications people are the ones who are just totally candid and don't try to tell you white is black.