Jambands.ca

What Is Gay Music? (Chives)

zero

Chives admitted to me that he just found out that Final Fantasy (Owen Pallett) was actually gay when he heard that he was going to pay off his boyfriend's student loans with his Polaris prize money. I fucking thought that was so funny, what a dumbass. Particularly considering he started this much viewed and commented upon (well on the Exclaim board 25 comments is a lot because you know their internet community sucks donkey balls) thread Final Fantasy = gay - and not in a good way either.

This is how it comedically ends. Owen actually came on and responded to some remarks I made which was cool I thought.

what is gay music?

How can music have a sexual preference? What exactly is gay music? I love pet shop boys and scissor sisters, I could care less what or who members of that band go home with at the end of the night. I use the term 'gay' to mean lame, shitty, weak, boring and, well, just gay. Is it fair that a term describing someone's sexual preference has become an insult? Maybe. I really don't care. Gay is such a great burn, even more so if the person is hetro. I honestly didn't know Owen Poos Clouds was gay - I sort of feel bad now for saying all that 'gay' stuff - but not really. He's gay and gay. Good for him.

I find it funny how the word Gay has been Bastardized into many different meanings, I thought Gay was Blissfully Happy. Now it means your a homo, or it means that an item/person is negativly inacceptable to ones standards.

Gay music in real terms would mean somthing like chopin's butterfly music or mabe some Barney soundtrack. Wear it is happy sounding fluttering music or kids with out a care in the world prancing around singing and dancing.

I think that is a lack of a better vocabulary when i hear someone us the word gay in a stupid context like that music is gay. blah who cares