Jambands.ca

sorry.. but Help Needed!

AD

I've looked at all the common sites (OiNK forums, PortForward, Azureas Wiki etc..) and I can't figure out how to get rid of my NAT problem.

(I should preface this to say I don't really know a lot about this side of the computer operations, networks, IPs, blah blah, the technical stuff)

Basically, I can't get the NAT smiley face in Azureus to go green. :)

I will try anything, and I hope you don't hate me for asking for help. Hehe.

My setup is as follows...

Cable internet (bought from CIA.com, supplied on a Rogers line) -> Motorola SB5101 modem -> Linksys SPA2100 VOIP Adapter -> Computer. Not able to login to VOIP adapter due to service agreement (and I don't have the login info).

Windows XP SP2, Firewall is enabled, Azureus 2.5.0.0. Right now my listening port is 65500. (But I have no idea what this means).

Does anyone want to take a stab at helping me out? I would very much appreciate it.

Sorry for being a newb... hehe.

AD

geez, tough crowd.

i posted the same question on the oink forums and have had two responses, they are below, followed by my next question...

Not able to login to VOIP adapter due to service agreement (and I don't have the login info)

Then you won't be able to get rid of the NAT problem, since you can't create the necessary portforward.

Rogers is known to kill all bittorrent traffic...I assume this is how they do it. Look into another ISP if possible, or just deal with the slow speeds :(

my follow-up:

what if i took the voip adapter out of the equation and plugged the modem straight into the computer? does anyone know if the voip adapter is essential for internet connectivity? (with mac addresses, ip stuff... i know i won't be able to use the phone :-) )

if i'm using a modem with no router, am i in theory getting around the problem of port forwarding since it's a modem and not a router?