Jambands.ca

Brutal quotes by Stephen Harper

The Chameleon

Competing ideas is one thing.

I get excited when someone throws out views that are based on bad information, ie. someone who thinks they've got it all figured out when in reality FACTS prove otherwise. That's you a lot of the time, and I could link all the occasions I've clearly proven you wrong in this forum.

Most of the people I spar with (card carrying Conservatives, etc.) don't get me half as excited as it may appear I am in here, because at least they know their sh!t. You're often bullish AND wrong - wicked combo!

i don't have the audacity to say that i have anything figured out hux and would love to meet the person who thinks he does. i share my ideas and listen objectively to other's ideas and call out bullshit if i think it's bullshit. i admit my faults and i try my very hardest to be polite and compassionate to others. i'll change my view point, as i have very well done in threads, when i feel like i have learned something new that would warrant a change in views. i don't post studies or throw statistics around because i don't have hansard records at my disposal 24/7. i keep things pretty tightly on an ideological level for this very reason. and for this, i don't understand how an IDEA can be WRONG. i DO NOT tell people that their ideas are wrong as a matter of principle, nor do i respect that quality in others. i try my damn hardest to stay impersonal when talking about politics, but sometimes when people make me feel less than what i am, that becomes really, really hard. i KNOW that i am a good person with a good head and no amount of 'you're an idiot', 'you're wrong', and 'you're bullish' comments from you can make me reconsider this. why would you want to make a person feel less?

so i'm left here with this lump in my throat wondering what you really want to accomplish here. if it's to make me upset, good job. you get an A+.

Edited by Guest

i'm so sick of the friggin' political spectrum. i vote to strike that from school curriculums. there shouldn't be an instrument to measure schools of thought.

what about the political compass??

try this! i do it with my kids:

www.politicalcompass.org

:)

thanks for posting meggo! i'm a little above half way down on the bottom side of the chart (decisively a social libertarian).. straddling the line between neo-liberalism and communism on the other scale! political quizzes are fun. i'm at my parents house right now and my dad thinks i've lost it.

you must love Fox News and CNN then

haha...I've never watched more than 5 minutes of FOX, I like some of the "neutral" pundits on CNN, like Bill Schneider:

2006-06-01-CNNSIT.jpg

I think televised showdowns (ala Crossfire) with reps from Party A on a panel with a rep from Party B is just a waste of time.

Edited by Guest

Bridy: When I said unprompted I was indicating that no one in the thread other than you mentioned it directly. But yes it was brought up byu Harper in his quotes.

ahh ok. i just mentioned them as they were some of the quotes from him that i didn't think were 'brutal'.