Jambands.ca

A great tuesday Night with Dicks

SaggyBalls

The Rapture

with the Presets

November 14 2006

Richard's on Richards

Dilly Dally, keep a tally of all the shows i regret showing up late to...or not.

Get into the bar and the Presets are kicking MACHESB. i mean really. 2 guys with keyboards and percussion (mostly blocks and bells) pumping seriously hard beats and slick lines over some prerecorded tracks.

hard dance pop. think a cool new Order.

Holy dance party. Holy 2 songs. holy umbrellas make the girls wet.

Setbreak happens...and here comes the morrisey and madonna.

time ticks away and, details aside, the Rapture hop onstage.

You aint heard no whiny sneer backed up with a confident swagger like this before.

drums.keys/sax/bells&blocks.bass/keys/vox.vox/guitar

With such a fired up band, you'll expect some fired up fans. well...the ladies at least. what a fun crowd for a SUPER packed show. I'm a pretty big guy and i can't fit into tiny cracks and stand still. that's my only complaint - that they didn't book the commodore.

the rhythm section was totally on fire. locked in, expressive, and fun. a great backup for a lanky afroed guitar.

they have a tight beat, catchy hooks, gritty guitars, depth, a sense of humour, and are absolutely anthemic.

"People don't dance no more,

they just stand there like this

They cross their arms

and stare you down

and drink and moan and piss"

Finally a rock band that can kick some dance grooves without any wank, that don't puss out, and are all about good times while still having some great lyrics and a grin on their faces.

Next time they come this town had better have an afterparty lined up. they were aching for a party - mentioned it about 5 times onstage.

Wanna hear a band that you can breakdance to?

check it out.

the Rapture