Jambands.ca

Anyone seen Shane Philip?

Hartamophone

I've seen him a whole whack of times and even had him play on my show.

He's a good player who can get everybody dancing for sure. He does have that Xavier Rudd thing going though, with the same freakin beat all freakin night long. His lyrics are a little bit too hippy dippy for my taste as well.

Maybe though I've just been overexposed to the guy, there's not a whole hell of alot going on in this town you know.

Go see him though you'll probably enjoy it.

Just got back from what was a fairly enjoyable show. He does more with percussion than Xavier Rudd, which was a big plus for me since that's where my musical background is. He laid down some pretty serious tribal rhythms on the djembe(s), and put on a really high energy show.

Definitely worth my eight bucks.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just at a Shane Philip show in Errington and it was incredible. I'm surprised to hear you say he played the same beat all night long my experience was quite different. I found the rhythms to be quite varied and I enjoyed dancing to the tribal beats as well as sitting back and watching him perform.

For me the highlight of the evening was when Shane invited the entire audience to lay down on the ground and soak in the didgeridoo vibrations. It was amazing as most people did lie down and the hall was completely silent except for the didgeridoo vibrations. A truly magical evening!

I can't wait to see him in Whistler this weekend!