Jambands.ca

Jimmy Swift Band 2007-04-08 available for download

bradm

The show was pretty good. (My one beef with it was the late start time. The opening act, Germans, didn't start until 11:30pm. When Inglewood Jack opened for Noises From The Toolshed the previous weekend, we were finished by 11:30pm. JSB didn't finish until 2:20am, which on a Sunday [Easter Sunday to boot] is after the buses have stopped running, which meant I had to cab home.)

As JSB often does, they took the frustration they had encountered that day (their van had transmission problems, and they drove from Toronto to Ottawa at 70km/h) and let it out through the music. The set was a bit ragged in places, but they jammed stuff out, hard. And I don't think I've ever heard a band cover Pink Floyd, Genesis, Metallica, and Scott Joplin in the same set...

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

And I don't think I've ever heard a band cover Pink Floyd, Genesis, Metallica, and Scott Joplin in the same set...

I would go out on a limb and say that's probably the first time that's ever been done.

As for the late start time, I find that's often an issue when they play. I've seen them sound-checking after 10:00 in bars numerous times, and at their most recent show in Victoria, the loan opener (Noises from the Toolshed) didn't start until after eleven. It gets frustrating, but it's often not their fault and is almost always worth the wait.