Chris Hillman & Herb Pederson @ Hugh's Room April 11-12, 2007

TimmyB

CHRIS HILLMAN & HERB PEDERSON

HUGH'S ROOM

WED APR 11, 2007

THU APR 12, 2007

DOORS 6PM SHOWTIME 8PM

$36

If you love the Byrds, the Flying Burrito Brothers, beautiful harmony vocals and a mix of country, rock, gospel and folk music you will love this show.

Many on this board saw Chris Hillman and Herb Pederson perform at the Ottawa Bluesfest back in 2004 and I am sure they will attest to what I just said.

Expect to hear a mix of songs from Hillman's brilliant career in the Byrds, the Flying Burrito Bros., the Desert Rose Band (with Pederson) and duo material with Pederson.

It was Hillman that helped shape the way for Gram Parsons to be in the Byrds and create the masterpiece 'Sweethearts of the Rodeo.'

Johnny Rogan wrote in the liner notes to 'Turn!Turn!Turn!' for the song "Satisfied Mind" that "Chris Hillman chose this former country hit by Porter Wagner...It serves as the earliest example of the Byrds' excursion into country music." The song was recorded in September of 1965, Hillman is a truly an underrated visionary in popular music.

I hope to see some of you there tomorrow night.

Peace,

Tim

Edited by Guest

Hey NewRider,

I wish you could go to this as Chris Hillman will be guaranteed to perform material that he recorded with Gram Parsons.

Either way I hope you enjoy Son Volt on Thursday. I will not be able to attend the gig as I have an exam that day.

Tim