Jambands.ca

Wolfgang's Vault - Downloads now available

Kanada Kev

[blurb]NIce announcement for 4/20:

http://forums.wolfgangsvault.com/forums/permalink/8464/8464/ShowThread.aspx#8464

The Concert Vault download service has launched today (you may have noticed our not-so-subtle box at the top of the home page). We have been hard at work building out this functionality and getting these concerts ready for download. 52 shows are available for purchase at a standard price of $9.98. The download list includes some shows that are currently up for streaming as well as others from the Vault that had yet to see the light of day. We will post new shows as they become available and add the "Buy" button to indicate that you can then download a given concert.

[/blurb]

A handful of details for you:

° Performer royalties – performers and publishers are paid a royalty fee for every show you purchase.

° Standard price of $9.98 – we felt this was an attractive and fair price and we like the simplicity of one standard rate. This may change over time but it made sense to us at launch.

° File quality – initially, all shows will be downloaded as 256Kbps mp3 files. We intend to offer the option of lossless in the future.

° DRM – as we’ve discussed before, we think that DRM is a mistake and puts restrictions on you, the consumer, that don’t make any sense. Obviously, we are adamantly opposed to illegal file sharing but feel that you have purchased the right to play your music where and when you wish.

We've been streaming concerts for over six months for free to the public but at a substantial cost to us. We hope you will support our efforts, and the artists, by purchasing a few concerts. By the way, we hope you like the new features and layout. Please let us know what you think.

Cheers!

Wolfgang

LOL ... no need. I've got a few little secrets that get me info on a lot of stuff. I'm not constantly surfin' .

I was thinking Oink too :)

Now, how come you couldn't make it to the Slippermen buddy? I know you would have liked it :) THey added Fountain of Salmacis to their repetoir!!!

Edited by Guest