Jambands.ca

Connect Laptop --> TV

OB1

I am having problems connecting my laptop to my TV. I have some videos I want to watch. I bought an s0-cable but my TV screen is just blank. I have tried a lot of things. I have tried dealing with my computer setting and switching the Fn+F4 or F8. Does anyone have a simple way of doing this.

Kev

check that your TV is tuned to aux, or vcr2 or whatever. if thats not it, it may be the function keys you note. on this vaio, it's fn-F8 once to share between laptop and TV, fn-F8 again to go full TV (and only this will display moving vid's) and then fn-F8 to go back to just laptop. it took me a while to figure out that i need to hit the fn-F8 twice to get moving vid's on the tv. i use a 3-way 1/8" cord that splits to 3 RCA's (L, R, V) into the TV (aka a camcorder cable).

on mine i need to put the tv on video 1, then i have a 'scheme' that i set up in my video card that sends the laptop screen over to the tv, adjusts my widescreen laptop picture to fit my 4:3 tv, does some colour and brightness corrections, etc... All i know is that it's 'intel graphics media accelerator for mobile'. when i want to switch back to my laptop it's fn-F5 a couple times, only if i'm not running any video players.

it took me days to figure out, and it was all by accident, but good luck.

Thanks for the info. I got it to work. Now the only problem is that the quality shown on my TV is different than on my Laptop. I have an HD TV so I am wondering why this is. Maybe I need to plug it into th HD port. The only problem is that the plug in for my HD port doesn't have s-video plug in.