Jambands.ca

New Springsteen album out October 2!

Kanada Kev

Can't wait to hear this one:

bruce_magic.jpg

Bruce Springsteen's 'Magic' Set for October 2 Release on Columbia Records

'Magic,' Bruce Springsteen's new studio recording and his first with the E Street Band in five years, is set for release by Columbia Records on October 2, 2007. Produced and mixed by Brendan O'Brien, the album features eleven new Springsteen songs and was recorded at Southern Tracks Recording Studio in Atlanta, GA.

'Magic' Song Titles:

1. Radio Nowhere

2. You'll Be Comin' Down

3. Livin' in the Future

4. Your Own Worst Enemy

5. Gypsy Biker

6. Girls in Their Summer Clothes

7. I'll Work for Your Love

8. Magic

9. Last to Die

10. Long Walk Home

11. Devil's Arcade

'Magic' is the first new studio album by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band since 2002's GRAMMY Award-winning, multi-platinum, number one album 'The Rising' (Columbia Records), which was also produced by O'Brien.

Bruce Springsteen's longtime manager Jon Landau said, "'Magic' is a high energy rock CD. It’s light on its feet, incredibly well played by Bruce and the members of the E Street Band, and, as always, has plenty to say. It’s also immensely entertaining. 'Magic' is the third collaboration between Bruce and Brendan O'Brien and is a culmination of their very productive creative relationship."

No, the Boss met me. :)

His family comes down to Lake Placid for a few weeks every summer, and they always come in the bookstore I work in at least a couple of times. Last summer was the first time I met him, and I quite literally could not speak when he initiated a conversation with me, as he was my first ever favourite artist (although we ended up talking for a good twenty minutes, and not about the fact that he's Bruce Springsteen).

I ran into him a few times this summer, and the picture is taken at the finish line of a triathlon I did which one of his sons also participated in. (Bruce also almost ran me over in his car when I was on my bike this summer - apparently he hasn't mastered the art of yielding the right-of-way).

After conversing with him on numerous occasions (shameless boast) I can definitely say that he is not just down-to-earth for a mega rock star, but incredibly down-to-earth for a human being in general. A pretty rad dude, all-around.

Edited by Guest

I would love to hang out with him and shoot the breeze.

Yeah, that was definitely the coolest part about the first time I met him. Granted, I asked for the autograph at the end (which he offered to personalize for me), but the interaction was a legitimate conversation between two dudes, rather than a starstruck fan gushing (which it could have been). To that end, I'm glad I couldn't quite talk at first, as that saved me from having a somewhat embarrassing, "You're freaking aswesome" kind of encounter.

(And since I just sent her the link to this thread, I have to give my lovely girlfriend Sarah props for being quick on the camera-phone draw and getting the picture I posted).

Sorry to hijack the thread, but it seemed somewhat relevant.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...