Jambands.ca

Bill Maher's Pro-Atheism Documentary to Be Released on Easter [VIDEO]

Kanada Kev

Bill Maher's Pro-Atheism Documentary to Be Released on Easter

Posted by Adam Howard on August 16, 2007 at 6:54 AM.

In the video to your right, Bill Maher chats with Larry King about a new film he's planning to release. "Religulous" (as in ridiculous) will attempt to poke fun at what Maher feels is the absurdity and inherently comical nature of most organized religions. "I think it's going to release a great torrent of energy," Maher says. Maher argues that none of us know what happens to us when we die and those who purport to tell us what happens should be seriously questioned.

"We need a person of doubt in the White House, not a person of faith," Maher says. Along with "Borat" director Larry Charles, Maher traveled to religious holy sites all over the world to make this film. He doesn't want to compare himself to Michael Moore but he says with pride. "I think I've offended everybody." Check out the video to your right for more.

Awesome :) . This should just about balance out Mel Gibson's having released The Passion in time with Easter.

"I think I've offended everybody."

The noblest of goals. I remember him once saying that all systems of religion had to be considered wrong, because the only alternative would be that some select one would have to be right.