Jambands.ca

Goodbye Lynx

Booche

Well I just had to make it today and say my farewell. Too bad crowds like that hadnt been coming out for the past few years because the ballpark was an absolute blast today, save for long lineups which forced me to only have 2 beers and one of them came because Lynn went to get it for me.

It was a great ride while it lasted. I never paid attention to them outside of Lynx Stadium though so I suppose that is why I only went a handful amount of times a season. Memorable games were the first one I saw and Carl Pavano pitched a gem into the 7th (back when they were still affiliated with the Expos), the game that we got totally sauced at and heckled the opposing players while we were behind their dugout (some dude had the last name 'Wilson' and we did a Wilson chant every time he came up to bat...this carried to many other fans picking up on it and Wilson went oh-fer that game) and meeting the Philly Phantic earlier this season all made for a fun little adventure in my town.

Its a damn shame people didnt realize what we had but oh well. After dealing with the traffic today I now understand why Lynx management/ownership begged for help. No wonder people didnt go if they were having to deal with that shit. I wouldnt have. Blame the city, not the fans. They fucked this team in every conceivable way. And a final cheers to Ray Pecord (sp?) for keeping true to his word and fighting for what he believed could be sold here if Ottawa would have listened. He kept the team here as long as he could and took a major financial loss each season.

Anyways. Here's a shot of the final out with the tying run at the plate in the 9th. A weak grounder. Quite fitting.

Gonna miss you boys................

2004738213975037363_fs.jpg