Jambands.ca

The Spades 2008-04-12 available for download

bradm

As always, thanks for doing this Brad! You're getting faster and faster!

This is the only recorded version of the song Willie's Notes a song I love on so many different levels....even tease a Willie song (One Vessel) at the end....

"O come the day when all our tears

Are gathered in one vessel".

If for no other reason than the fact that I now have a copy of this song I'd be forever grateful. Thanks.

As always, thanks for doing this Brad! You're getting faster and faster!

At some things. Other things I do just as slowly as necessary...

This is the only recorded version of the song Willie's Notes a song I love on so many different levels....even tease a Willie song (One Vessel) at the end....

"O come the day when all our tears

Are gathered in one vessel".

If for no other reason than the fact that I now have a copy of this song I'd be forever grateful. Thanks.

You're very welcome; it's a pleasure for me, moreso when I can do something that makes people happy for reasons that are personal to them.

Aloha,

Brad

it's a pleasure for me, moreso when I can do something that makes people happy for reasons that are personal to them.

Aloha,

Brad

Yeah.

Forgive me if I've shared this before, but as he often did for young musicians starting out in Peterborough when James went in to record his first CD, Willie came in to help out. You can imagine what it meant to have someone with the stature of Willie P. Bennett in the studio.

At one point in the session, Willie stepped out of his shoes, leaned his mandolin against a chair, set his glasses on the seat of the chair and went out for a smoke.

While he was out, James took a picture of the empty chair and the shoes etc. (it appears in the liner notes to Restless Soul). At the time, on the back of the photo, James wrote: "Willie was here."