Jambands.ca

CRISPIN HELLION GLOVER's "WHAT IS IT?" (IN-PERSON) -- Casbah

whiteymuseum

i went, it was amazing, i am way too tired to even begin to articulate my thoughts on everything, but it was definitely great.

we got there early & scored amazing seats (he was directly in front of us for the whole thing, like less than 5' away), and we didn't even have to wait very long to meet him afterwards. he is SO nice, really seemed interested in everyone he met and spent a lot of time talking to each person. he's not really crazy. arty, highly intelligent, very, very, very sexy, but not the lunatic i was expecting.

i don't think he was on acid at all for that letterman thing. i think that was just acting. that appearance was around the time he was in rubin and ed (his character in the movie looks exactly like he did on the letterman appearance), i think that was just an andy kaufmanesque stunt. i actually overheard him talking to someone ahead of us about the letterman thing, i heard him say something about how structured david letterman likes to keep the show & i think he was just trying to mix it up.

really glad i made it to this, it was super intimate and a real treat. you should definitely bring him back for the next installment.