Jambands.ca

Bullmoose thanks Ottawa/Dekcuf

Seamo

YO,

Seamus from BULLMOOSE here!

Thanks to all who made it out last night At Cafe Dekcuf in Ottawa! We had ourselves a complete blast and it was great to see some new but seemingly old friends and old friends and new friends just the same!

Congratulations to Dave MacDonald of Circuit who played an awesome solo opener and Chantal and Mark of Jungle Fever who also performed an superset!

Pottie, sorry we didn`t maker down to your spot after we just sorta followed the surf after the show and they were just down the street...Late night pizza, Black Label, Les Paul and ol buddies.

Thanks for the invite to join in on the spacin out and all dat...Too bad Bouchard didn`t show. Nonetheless, twas a blast to see your folks....Tell me, I feel bad because we talked for so long but what is the name of the guy with the big brown beard and long hair and glasses who is a taper/Nero freak and has been out to our last few gigs in D'Ottawa? Who knows he may be reading this and will reply himself.

Oh God, what a show!

We edged out way through both Bullmoose Originals and Some of our tastiest covers...With a special tribute to our great Canadian heroes Big Sugar who will be retiring after their current tour to resurface in another delicious reincarnation...with Maximum Vibration.

If any are interested in joining in the festivities at Montreal`s greatest venue, The Metropolis this Wed night where Big Sugar will play with Grimskunk for a measely 10 bones, i would be happy to put together some sleeping arrangements! Let me know at seamus@bullmoose.ca Ok?!

Here is our setlist from last night:

Youngblood Blues (with new modulation in intro)

Shades of Green

Pray

Aeroplane-Chili Peppers

PMH (Poor Man`s Hash)-Not TNT but still dynomite

Needs

Daily Dilemma

All Hell for a Basement-Big Sugar

If I Had My Way/Ride Like Hell-Big Sugar

Lessons Learned

Just Got Paid-ZZ Top

Encore:

Don`t Change Horses in the Middle of a Stream-Tower of Power

Free Bird-Lynyrd Skynyrd

Can`t wait to play in Ottawa again though. We just have such a great time, EVERYTIME!

For those of you that would like to know when we play again, just check out www.bullmoose.ca or ride the freedom train by gittin on the mailing list by loggin onto the site itself or emailing bullmoose@bullmoose.ca

Peace to all and to all a good night! Hope you enjoyed yourselves.

Bullmoose........New album soon

quote:

Originally posted by Seamo Cowan:

Tell me, I feel bad because we talked for so long but what is the name of the guy with the big brown beard and long hair and glasses who is a taper/Nero freak and has been out to our last few gigs in D'Ottawa? Who knows he may be reading this and will reply himself.

That'd probably be me.

I was much impressed by the show. Until now Bullmoose's music hasn't overlapped with my listening tastes very well; that's an observation, not a criticism. The Bullmoose shows I've seen in the past have been good: you guys do what you do very well, and have an infectious enthusiasm on stage that can engage a crowd very well, but the music needed something more/else for me to really get into it.

Last night, it had it: you guys were funkier than I've heard you before, and it meshed much better with my ears.

And to do "Freebird" as an encore! That's been one of my fantasies: put a band together, wait for that night when someone shouts it for the encore, then bam!, drop it on 'em.

Dave MacDonald was awesome. He's got some serious chops, can sing like an angel, and delivers songs like a pro. (Low Roller: I hope you had fun Chez Bouchard, 'cause you missed him doing "Fake Plastic Trees".) The one downside, for Dave and Jungle Fever, was the crowd, who just wouldn't shut up. People were standing a foot away from each other, halfway back from the stage to the bar, yelling at each other. At times, the PA was drowned out.

I was hoping Bullmoose would overcome that with sheer volume and intensity, and they did.

Thanks to the 40 Main crew for the afterness, causing me to sleep most of the day in prep for the Pocket Dwellers tonight.

Aloha,

Brad

Archived