Jambands.ca

Cuff the Duke to join Sloan on tour

M

I had a blast at the Sloan CD release party at Club 279 a few weeks ago... the band was hot ( sounding) and they played to an exuberant crowd. The show was divvied up into 2 parts... one was a live on air where they performed and took calls / questions from the audience, entertaining us with their quick tunes and even quicker wit... the second half of the show was a ruckus party where the beer and canadiana kicked in and the Sloan sing-a-long began. Most notable part of the night for me was them pulling out an alternate take of my favorite song of theirs "I am the Cancer"; they slowed it down and alt-countried it out in a psychadelic manner. Brilliant.

Many people seem to have their backs up about Sloan... not cool to like them anymore it seems... but I love 'em... they're wicked guys to boot and fun to hang out with.

They are touring now, promoting their new CD Action Pact. This album comes equipped with some solid tunes on it that'll get your party rocking early on in that 3am after the bar kinda way.

Go see 'em if you can. Plus the addition of the Cuff the Duke to the bill! You won't be disappointed.

- M

[big Grin]

**Sloan Take Cuff The Duke On The Road**

from chartattack

-

Sloan

This past weekend Sloan went home to the Maritimes for a few shows including the much ballyhooed Keiths Fest in Halifax. Now the band are making their way out West so that fans across the country can patriotically chant out that "I know that I’ll be living here in Canada" line in the new single "The Rest Of My Life."

Sloan are, of course, touring in support of their brand new, and very satisfying album Action Pact, which came out last month. The band’s seventh album, Action Pact is full of all the rock goodness that we’ve come to expect from the Sloanies, plus a little bit of pop and sensitivity. Sadly, if you’re looking for some soulful piano tracks or Andrew Scott-as-leadman, its not to be found, but there’s always next time, right. Right?

And, in breaking news, Toronto’s Cuff The Duke will accompany Sloan on the bulk of the tour. The Three Gut recording stars, who have been opening for all sorts of fancy-pants acts over the last year, will accompany Sloan out West before heading to the East Coast on their own.

Here’s a list of dates as posted on the official Sloan website. Check your local listings to confirm all dates and venues.

September 24 > Quebec City, QC @ L'Autre Caserne

September 25 > Montreal, QC @ Club Soda

October 7 > Winnipeg, MB @ Colosseum

October 9 > Regina, SK @ The State

October 10 > Edmonton, AB @ Reds

October 11 > Calgary, AB @ MacEwan Hall

October 13 >Banff, AB @ Wild Bill's

October 14 > Lethbridge, AB @ Roadhouse

October 17 > Vancouver, BC @ Vogue Theatre

-

Cuff the Duke

Archived