Jambands.ca

NFL Keeper League - Draft mayhem

Booche

I have no idea how many of you are in a Keeper League but I am sure some love fantasy football drafts. Tonight has sucked for my first draft because the CBS Sports site has crashed for us. We got through 2 picks while about to make a 3rd.

Here's some early help for the rest of you though.

Ronnie Brown is a KILLER 2nd round pick if he comes to you. Our first pick was Darren McFadden at number 6 but that pick was simply a keeper-minded one. I dont recommend him going this early.

In the second round Ronnie Brown fell into our laps. Tons of waaaaay shittier running backs went before him. We looked at the players after us and hedged our bets that no one would take him while the picks flipped back to us so we went with Calvin Johnson which was another REALLY early pick but keeper-minded once again.

As the draft snaked back our way, the servers crashed. We have Ronnie Brown in our queue next(followed by Brandon Marshall, can you believe that shit?) and I am shitting my pants to see if the gamble has paid off. Personally, it's astronomically doubtful but CBS Sports has him ranked below another 5 RB's so we are hoping guys have lost everything and the draft is continuing.

Our mindset was building for next season and a couple to follow but if this trend continues we are going to have a KILLER team and if we get lucky we might somehow compete this season. Our opponents were drafting horribly.

Please, please, please.

QB - Drew Brees

RB - Steven Jackson

RB - Ronnie Brown (A - pick)

WR - Andre Johnson

WR - Calvin Johnson

WR - Brandon Marshall (B - pick)

Bench

RB - Darren McFadden

Augh.

We came back online and someone scored Ronnie Brown. Bad decision on our part in the end. It would have been a killer move had we got him.

So replace Ronnie Brown above with Fast Willie Parker, add Brandon Marshall as the B - pick and that is our team so far. Not bad at all. We'll use Willie for at least a 2nd round pick next season. I am gonna gun for a 1st round pick but we still have a decent lineup for this year if things play out our way. There is a possible win for us here.

My partner is gunning for us to pick a TE (there are none left) or a D (top 3 left) right now and I am arguing my face off against it.

I always take D and Kicker as my last two picks. D does not win Fantasy Leagues.

Brown is a good pick. He was the top RB in fantasy football until he was hurt last year.

The only problem this year is that he is still recovering from last years injury and actually banged his hand up this year. Then there is Ricky W, he is having a great camp. Williams may get more touches to start the year.

Still I am drafting Brown when I can. His upside is huge.

• 2 weeks later...

Badams, we gotta talk tonight. You wont believe what happened the other night with my main keeper league team.

I had the first pick overall after winning the draft lottery with an 8-10% chance.

McFadden (I still cant believe I got him at the # 6 spot in that other league)

So I had the 13th pick to start the second round and guess who fell on my lap.

Santonio Holmes

Look the fuck out. The Bouchard dynasty begins to take its earliest steps this year. Hopefully I dont have the harsh luck I did with Cadillac Williams.