Jambands.ca

Looking for a new high speed interent company

Burnt

Hey All

I'm looking to switch internet companies now. I have Rogers ultra-lite speed at the moment but have just been informed by them that they are getting rid of the service and my next option up is $35 a month with only 25GB band-width.

I usually use around 40-45GB a month and don't want to pay the extra fees that I would incur for going over my monthly allowed usage.

I live in Innisfil which is just south of Barrie and hope someone has a decent solution for me. I don't need ultra-high speed internet since everyone seems to throttle P2P downloading anyway which was why I switched to ultra-lite in the first place.

Thanks

Just wondering, how did you found out Rogers is ending the Ultra-light service? I'm an ultra-light subscriber and as of yet I've heard nothing from them. I'll be switching to Primus if Rogers cancels my current service. I guess maybe their slogan is switching to "less for more", instead of "more for less".

I should be more clear, they have changed the ultra-lite service. They are no longer honoring there promise of 50GB of bandwidth for ultra-lite and have gone down to 2GB a month which for me I can use in 1 or 2 days.

They tried to sell me the next step up which was $35 a month for 25GB. The guy said it was great because if you went over your limit Rogers had a cap of $25 that they could charge you. Well I said to him that with my current usage that would mean I'd be paying $60 a month for internet that wasn't even super fast and I could get high speed internet from someone else with a much higher cap for $35. At that point the sales rep agreed with me and didn't try and push the matter anymore which I found very amusing as they usually pester you until you hang up on them.

BTW I've gone with Techsavvy which is $35 and 200GB a month which is more bandwidth then I could ever use.