Jambands.ca

Raptors vs. Raptors - Carlton U - October 4 (ticket info)

Basher

Just a heads up for you Ottawa folks. SP and I went to one of these in Waterloo a few years back, and it was lots of fun.

Presume this is out there in Ottawa but here’s the lowdown on tickets for that Oct. 4 intrasquad game after camp in Ottawa and I’m guessing a few of you will have to cut a class or two to get them.

Tickets – at what the Carleton folks are calling a “suggested donation of $15†to the schools Adopt-a-Raven program (how cute) -- are going to be available Thursday, Sept. 25 at the school.

Apparently there are only 1,300 tickets, for seats and standing room, available; they’ll be offered on a first-come, first-served basis that day with a limit of four per person. Haven’t heard of a time when they’ll be on sale so you might want to go camp out now and bring the textbooks.

Now, before you rush out and make plans to sleep overnight at the school, let this be a word of a warning: This is not real basketball. It’s a nice, little, low-intensity scrimmage but I imagine The Chicken might be there, I’m guessing the Dance Pak makes an appearance and it’s as much about the show as it is the sport.

Don’t go expecting to see anything close to how the team will play when it starts games for real.

But have fun

Thanks for the heads up...I just found this:

Toronto Raptors Intrasquad Tickets (for Carleton University’s Ravens’ Nest) available Thursday, September 25th, 2008 at 9:00AM.

The Carleton University Ravens in conjunction with the Toronto Raptors (NBA) are pleased to announce there are 1,300 tickets available for the October 4th, 2008 Raptors intrasquad scrimmage at Carleton University’s Ravens’ Nest. Tickets and seating (including standing room only) will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Tickets are available, on Thursday, September 25th, at 9:00AM EST, at a suggested donation of $15, with a limit of four per person. The tickets may be obtained by going to Carleton University’s web site at www.goravens.ca click on Tickets and follow the directions. Tickets will not be made available at Athletics Customer Service Office. All net proceeds benefiting the University’s Adopt-A-Raven Program.

Donations to the Adopt-a-Raven fund provide much needed enhancements to Carleton University’s 19 varsity teams, including travel funds, international tours, program/equipment improvements and overall student-athlete development.

Just grabbed 4 tickets for this. The Carleton servers weren't quite prepared for the activity. I was running late and didn't get logged on until 9:07. I tried accessing the tickets page on Firefox but it kept timing out. Then I tried IE, I'd get one step further, and then system overload. Finally got to the credit card page, and after waiting several minutes it said it couldnt connect - try another credit card. So I did, and after several anxious moments I received confirmation. It is now sold out.

I have no idea if these are reserved seats or not.

I also have one extra. I ordered 4, forgetting that my wife had changed her mind. So, if someone want her ticket it's yours (for $15).

BTW, tickets are GA. When we went to Waterloo people were lined up real early to get a good seat.
Tickets [color:red]and seating (including standing room only) will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Duh. I guess if I had read it properly the first time, I would have noticed it. Given that the place only holds 1400 people, it's not like there are any bad seats. Now to find out what time this thing starts - there is no mention of that anywhere from what I can see.

And, once again, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I don't think I would have found out otherwise as I don't read the Citizen on a regular basis. Jerry (my 6 yr old son) was SO excited when I told him about it.

It was awesome. We got there around 12PM and by the time we entered the gym there were no seats left, but that turned out to be a good thing. We found some place on the floor right near one of the baskets, which were probably some of the best seats in the house. It provided the opportunity to be right in the action. My daughter ended up in pictures with Brian Colangelo, the Raptor, and some of the Raptor Girls. The event started off with the players going through some stretching exercises right in front of us. During the game, a few of the players came close to crashing into us. In a real game, I'm sure that would have happened much more often, but it was obviously a pretty friendly game. Chris Humphries seemed to be very much into it, and Jermaine O'Neill was pretty intense. If I can figure out how to post pictures, I'll do so.