Jambands.ca

Wayne Shorter Quartet - Dec 5th Toronto

Kanada Kev

Damn, these guys are the shit! I so wish I had the cash and time to catch this gig. It's going to be one to remember. I'm seeing Neil Young/Wilco the night before, so I guess I should be thankful. Anyone going?

Brian Blade is the most amazing drummer i've seen in a long time. The last two times I saw him play with Lanois he was on fire.

Yeah, I LOVE Wayne Shorter and have front row balcony seats for this and tix for the Neil/Wilco show on the same night. Might try and see part of both but it's hard to say how the timing is going to work out. I'll likely see when each set starts on the Thursday Neil show and then make the call for Friday after that.

I saw them play last time around at Massey Hall and it was one of the worst jazz shows I have ever been to. I just DO NOT understand, at all, what the hell they are trying to do. There was no point during the show when it sounded like all members of the group were on the the same page, sounding like they were trying to play the same song. Each moment to the next was 4 guys playing completely different sounding songs. Utter cacophony.

I thought it was just me, I didn't "get it" whatever "it" was. But I went to the show with 2 good friends who are professional jazz musicians and both of them, who are fans of all of the band members felt the exact same way I did. They didn't get it either and also thought it sounded like trash.

Just my thoughts.....