Jambands.ca

Laura Ling on Her Release From North Korea

Kanada Kev

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/zhgfprmzvs--Laura-Ling-On-Her-Release-From-North-Korea

Blank

Laura Ling gives a speech after she lands in the United States again after being held prisoner in North Korea since March 2009.

Thirty hours ago, Euna Lee and I were prisoners in North Korea. We feared that at any moment, we could be sent to a hard-labor camp. And then suddenly we were told that we... More »

Thirty hours ago, Euna Lee and I were prisoners in North Korea. We feared that at any moment, we could be sent to a hard-labor camp. And then suddenly we were told that we were going to a meeting.

We were taken to a location. And when we walked in through the doors, we saw, standing before us, President Bill Clinton. (Applause.) We were shocked. But we knew instantly in our hearts that the nightmare of our lives was finally coming to an end. And now we stand here, home and free.

Euna and I would like to express our deepest gratitude to President Clinton and his wonderful, amazing, not to mention super cool team including John Pedesta, Doug, Justin Cooper, Dr. Roger Band, David Straus, Mingy Kwan and the United States Secret Service, who traveled halfway around the world to secure our release. We’d also like to thank President Obama, Secretary Clinton, Vice President Gore, who we also call Al, the Swedish ambassador Matt, Kurt, Linda McFadden and the people at the US State Department who worked so hard to win the release of their fellow Americans. Steve Bing and his crew and Andrew and the DOW Company. And I know that I am forgetting a bunch of instrumental people right now but forgive me if I’m a little incoherent.

To our loved ones, friends, colleagues and to the complete strangers of the kindness of hearts who showed us so much love and sent us so many positive thoughts and energy, we thank you. We could feel your love all the way in North Korea. It’s what kept us going in the darkest of hours, it is what sustained our faith that we would come home.

The past 140 days have been the most difficult, heart-wrenching time of our lives. We are very grateful that we were granted amnesty by the government of North Korea, and we are so happy to be home. And we are just so anxious right now to be able to spend some quiet, private time getting reacquainted with our families. Thank you so much.