Jambands.ca

Basia Bulat signs to Secrety City Records -- Sophomore Album out January

flipzoso

ahhh yeah! Nick and Wooley were mentioned that "yeah she's great" and that she was spending alot of time in Montreal. Combined with guesting on Bye Bye Bye at Regina Folk Fest...I should have put it together...

http://www.exclaim.ca/articles/generalarticlesynopsfullart.aspx?csid1=136&csid2=844&fid1=41174

Basia Bulat Signs to Secret City Records, Announces Sophomore Album

9/16/2009 By Brock Thiessen

Following her much-loved 2007 album Oh, My Darling, Toronto-bred indie darling Basia Bulat is all ready for album two. The record is being dubbed Heart of My Own and coming courtesy of her new Canadian label home of Secret City Records on January 26. (If you’re over across the pond, you’ll be able to scoop up the LP via the reputable Rough Trade imprint.)

Like Oh, My Darling, Bulat’s sophomore effort was laid down with producer Howard Bilerman at Montreal’s famed Hotel2Tango. However, the press release says to expect a more eclectic record from the singer-songwriter this time out.

“I think it is at times extremely sparse and, well, spacious, with big choirs singing,†Bulat says in a statement, “and then it gets really dense with really spirited and rolling drums.â€

Bulat has a few dates lined up in the coming weeks, but get ready for a whole lot more in the months to come.

Heart of My Own:

1. “Go Onâ€

2. “Runâ€

3. “Sugar and Spiceâ€

4. “Gold Rushâ€

5. “Heart of My Ownâ€

6. “Sparrowâ€

7. “If Only Youâ€

8. “I’m Forgetting Everyoneâ€

9. “The Shoreâ€

10. “Once More, For the Dollhouseâ€

11. “Walk You Downâ€

12. “If It Rainsâ€

Tour dates:

9/19 Kingston, ON - The Grad Club

9/23 Vancouver, BC - St. James Hall

9/24 Victoria, BC - Metro Studio

10/3 Wakefield, ON - Black Sheep Inn

You can stream "Gold Rush" at Secrety City Records' website here: http://www.secretcityrecords.com/albums/goldrushmp3