Jambands.ca

"The Code" - CBC Fifth Estate

Kanada Kev

It's a repeat, but a good one.

the_code_inside.gif

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/2008-2009/the_code/

THE CODE

December 12, 2008 is a day Mike Sanderson will never forget. Following a tussle with another player, Mike's son, 21-year-old hockey player Don Sanderson, fell to the ice, hitting his head. After three weeks in a coma, Don Sanderson died. His death re-ignited a simmering debate - never far from the surface in this country and never more relevant than it is today- about fighting in hockey. For those who know hockey best - the players and the coaches - the game, and the fighting, are governed by an unwritten law some insist makes the sport safer. They call it The Code and claim it's about pride, solidarity, even sportsmanship. In this fifth estate investigation, you will meet some of the men who, for better or worse, have lived by The Code. And Bob McKeown interviews Don Sanderson's father, Mike, for whom fighting in hockey is not a debate, but a tragedy.

Friday's at 9pm on CBC

repeats on CBC News Network:

Saturdays at 8 p.m.

Sundays at 7 p.m.

Mondays at 4 a.m.

Tuesdays at 10 p.m.

Wednesdays at 1 a.m.

or just watch it online from the first link in this post.

Guest Low Roller
I don't have a copy of Georges' code, I don't know what it is, I think the code is that you're here for your teammates. It's not your code, it's our code.