Jambands.ca

beer-related fun in ottawa

meggo

oh how i love beau's. if you haven't joined the 'beau's army' on facebook... do it! :)

here's what i got from them this morning:

BEAU’S was recently commissioned by the Dutch Embassy to create a special beer to mark the 65th anniversary of the Liberation of the Netherlands.

The beer named “Vriendenâ€, which is Dutch for “friends†and you can raise a glass this afternoon. The kegs will be tapped & the Vrienden will start flowing ...TODAY at 2pm exclusively at the House of Orange (56 Byward Market Square) until May 23rd.

We're doing a keg tapping thingy at 2pm - skip work and come say hi to a few vriendens!

A true Canadian/Dutch collaboration, this unique Belgian-style wit bier, was brewed with ingredients representing The Netherlands and Canada - juniper berries and organic maple syrup, respectively.

Hope you can stop by & raise a glass of Vrienden.

Thanks, meggo! I might check this out this afternoon.

HOUSE OF ORANGE opens its doors on May 10th for two glorious weeks of arts, music, fashion and food! Hosted by the Mercury Lounge, House of Orange presents an exciting program of Dutch and Canadian creative culture to celebrate the extraordinary friendship between the two countries. This is a new opportunity to confirm Ottawa's remarkable connection to the Netherlands, capable of hosting contemporary art against the magnificent backdrop of the annual tulip bloom.
Beau's All Natural Brewing Company welcomed Lodewijk Swinkels, brewmaster of De Koningshoeven Brewery in The Netherlands, who has joined Beau's brewmaster Matt O'Hara to craft a unique one-off beer.

This rare event will mark the first time that a Canadian brewery has collaborated with one of the world's seven Trappist breweries.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest
Add beer info.

It sounds like it's at Mercury, but there's also "The Collection" and "Bar 56" in 56 Byward Market Square. (Ottawa jazz vocalist Renee Yoxon does a Monday night "Crimson & Blues" show at Bar 56; it starts at 9pm and is free. If I knew the kegs would still be flowing around then, I'd head down tonight for a beer or two, then see Ms. Yoxon.)

Aloha,

Brad