Jambands.ca

The Beauties CD Release, Fri. 28 Call The Office, Sat. 29th Horseshoe

zero

I don't really know what to say but take this opportunity to see this band at this juncture. 3 0f 5 Beauties are from London so that show should kill. And the Horseshoe's already selling briskly. The new self-titled due out first of the month is really a dense production that grows on you but is a counterpoint to their balls out stage show which could be compared in intensity to The Sadies.

Glad that I made it down to the Shoe to catch the last few songs of this show last night, it was kick ass! Jason Collett sat in for a tune, also Ron Sexsmith was up there and led one verse. I was blown away by Ron's performance, even though he only led for about 30 seconds of that song - wow what a VOICE! I only saw him once, years ago at the Casbah but that show did not leave as much of an impression, but I'll certainly be hoping to catch him again soon. Apparently earlier in the night Ron was up there for a bunch of other songs, also some Skydiggers.

The Beauties were wicked - high energy country rockin. They encored with "Waiting For My Man" which kicked. Can't wait to see this band some more this summer. The attendance at the 'shoe was just perfect - lots of people but still enough room to move around and line up a good spot to see the band (without having to station yourself in front of the amp to the left of the stage which is often the case for the big shows).