Jambands.ca

NHL All-star game in Ottawa, 2012

Velvet

If I space this come ticket time, I hope someone will remind me.

Ottawa lands 2012 NHL all-star game

Last Updated: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 | 12:15 PM ET Comments10Recommend17By Rob Sinclair, CBC Sports

Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson would feel right at home playing the 2012 NHL all-star game at Scotiabank Place. (Dave Sandford/Getty Images)

The NHL's mid-season showcase is headed to Canada's showcase city in 2012.

League commissioner Gary Bettman announced Wednesday that Ottawa will stage the 2012 all-star festivities, including the all-star game at Scotiabank Place on Jan. 29.

It marks the first time the all-star game will be played in the nation's capital, which hosted the entry draft in 2005 and 2008.

"Ottawa and the Senators have distinguished themselves in hosting the Stanley Cup final and two NHL entry drafts," Bettman said. "And I have no doubt they'll provide an outstanding welcome for our fans, guests, media and business partners."

Details will be released at a later date, but Senators owner Eugene Melnyk promised Wednesday that it will be "a once-in-a-lifetime, weekend-long celebration of all that is great about hockey, the NHL and our city."

Last season's game supplanted by the Winter Olympics in Vancouver, so Montreal is the last city to have hosted the all-star game — in 2009.

This season's game will be held in Raleigh, N.C., on Jan. 30, leaving Anaheim, Columbus, Nashville and Phoenix as the only NHL cities yet to host an all-star game.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2010/09/15/sp-nhl-ottawa.html#ixzz0zcGkY0rA