Jambands.ca

N.A.C. Presents- A New Series!

Northern Wish

I was going to post this in the upcoming Ottawa show thread, but didn't want it lost in the shuffle:

Harry Manx at the NAC is part of the new NAC Presents series featuring Canadian talent with the intention of attracting a younger audience to the venue.

Manx will be at Southam Hall- doing a show of both short stories and music- both from the perspective of a songwriter. I got some of the details the other night and it sounds very interesting. Bruce Cockburn will also be performing in February and an impressive list of potentials has been mentioned as well.

A recent development that may entice people to start attending these NAC Presents shows is the possibility of being able to bring drinks into the Studio Stage during the performances. I'm not sure what the intention for Southam Hall is, but the 4th stage already has that in place and it is something that patrons asked for at the Studio Stage.

So far they have presented Rae Spoon, Justin Rutledge, Royal Wood and The Good Lovelies. Three of the four shows were sold out and the fourth was within 10 tickets of a sell out.

Each artist also comes out to visit with the crowd after the performance- signing and having their pictures taken with fans (and in some cases such as Good Lovelies- performing a song in the foyer with some prepubescent fans!)