Jambands.ca

New live music venue in Ottawa

Velvet

It's small and Glebe-y, but it's cool. 107 Fourth is the name and the address of the place, it's just east of Bank Street. It's about the size of my livingroom, but all hip and Ikea. It's a wine bar, but they have some bottled beers and food. There's no cover and they are currently hosting these weekly gigs:

Every Monday, the Megan Jerome Trio. Don't know if any of you ever saw 4 Little Cars playing at the Manx, but it's the same band without Rob Frayne. Quirky cool jazz, with Megan on vocals and squeezebox, the unbelievable Mike Essoudry on drums, and Petr Cancurra on sax. These guys are way worth checking out. I'll be there next Monday for sure. Starts around 9 goes 'til midnight.

Every Tuesday, Jane Radmore. Some of you may remember my recently ex-roommate from playing at 40 Main and elsewhere in town. Firmly in the female singer/songwriter vein and she's actually pretty damn good at it. Go check her out so she can keep the gig and not have to move back to my place. Starts at 9 and goes 'til 11.

I work down the street at OFC Monday and Tuesday nights, so I'll likely make this my regular after work stop from now on. Hope some of you can make it.

Archived