Jambands.ca

Has anyone seen/heard Perpetual Groove?

mark tonin

I just received a copy of Perpetual Groove's recently released cd entitled SWEET OBLIVIOUS ANTITODE and I must that I am quite impressed.

The cd includes a pleasant mix of electronica, trance, funk, reggae, jazz, and bright upbeat grooves and songs. I'm currently listening to the cd for the second time and track 5 on the disc called Teakwood Betz has just started ... a very cool trance/techno song that builds and builds ... I'd love to hear this one live at a venue with a big dance floor! [big Grin]

The only weakness on this disc in my opinion is some of the vocals - the lyrics are interesting and sung with passion but Brock Butler's voice doesn't sound "full" enough to me at times.

Having said that, this cd is definitely worth a listen or two or three or more and I would most definitely check out this band in concert based on what I've heard.

I'd love to hear from any of you who have seen or heard this band ...

Peace, Mark

hello there mark. im a huge fan of perpetual groove and im so glad that you found their studio album enjoyable. like ben said, teakwood (and all of their other songs) rock out in live form at any venue. please visit our discussion board at the band's home page pgroove forum . we'd love to get you some shows...we'll hook you up...til then continue enjoying the studio album! [Cool]

**kelli**

Mark,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed the album. It was recorded last year and we are happy to finally have it out. Teakwood Betz is one of my favorite songs on the album, so I was happy to see you enjoyed it as well. It sounds funking great live in a big venue!

We have a pretty active trading community online and if you would like to get a hold of some PGroove shows, please visit the following sites:

www.pgroove.com/forum - our message board, all the fans trade and talk here

www.phatgrooves.net - many, many live MP3 downloads

www.lacasabien.com - live SHN downloads

and we are also on the etree live music archive

Hope you enjoy!

Archived